Every time that you open a Microsoft Office 2010 application, you receive the following message: “Please wait while windows configures Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010.”
Possible Solutions: (reboot after doing any of these)
- Uninstall everything Office related then run this utility
Windows Installer Cleanup Utility:
- Problems with uninstall? Go to:
- try running the SubInAcl tool:
- This may work for some users.
Start -> Run -> reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Word\Options /v NoReReg /t REG_DWORD /d
- Go to start ->programs -> accessories -> command prompt (Run as Administrator). Use the following command: secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose
With the exclusion of number five I tried all of these to no avail.. after spending 2 hours troubleshooting I decided the best thing to do was to backup and reformat the drive. my suspicion being that there was more at play here then I could see.